Introduction to AD Code Registration
Any individual or business entity engaged in import and export activities in India is required to obtain an AD Code Registration & Import-Export Code. AD code is essential for customs clearance of goods and to ensure that foreign currency transactions are conducted in compliance with regulations.
The Authorized Dealer Code, commonly known as AD Code, is a unique identification number assigned to individuals or businesses by authorized banks in India. The purpose of the AD Code is to regulate and monitor foreign currency transactions related to international trade, such as import and export activities. This code is issued by banks that have been authorized by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to facilitate foreign exchange transactions.
What is AD CODE?
The AD Code is a 14-digit alphanumeric code that uniquely identifies the entity’s relationship with its authorized bank. Each authorized bank has its own set of AD Codes, and the first few characters of the code often correspond to the bank itself. The AD Code is linked to the entity’s current account maintained with the authorized bank. It allows the bank to track foreign currency transactions associated with international trade, ensuring that funds are received and remitted through legal channels.
Benefits of AD Code Registration
AD Code registration, or Authorized Dealer Code registration, provides several benefits for businesses engaged in import and export activities in India. Here are the key advantages:
- Facilitates International Trade: AD Code registration is essential for businesses looking to engage in import and export activities. It acts as a unique identification code that allows you to conduct cross-border trade transactions seamlessly.
- Smooth Customs Clearance: The AD Code is required for customs clearance of imported and exported goods. It serves as a validation that your business is authorized to engage in international trade, which helps expedite customs processes and reduces clearance delays.
- Compliance with Regulations: Registering for an AD Code ensures that your foreign currency transactions related to trade are in line with the regulations set by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and other relevant authorities. This compliance helps prevent legal and financial issues.
- Access to Incentives and Schemes: Businesses with AD Codes may be eligible for various benefits, incentives, and schemes offered by government bodies such as the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) and Export Promotion Councils. These benefits can include duty drawbacks, exemptions, and tax refunds.
- Global Market Expansion: AD Code registration enables your business to enter the global market by engaging in cross-border trade. This allows you to reach new customers and explore international business opportunities.
- Transparency and Credibility: Having an AD Code enhances the transparency and credibility of your business in international trade transactions. It demonstrates that your business adheres to regulatory requirements and operates within legal channels.
- Efficient Fund Transactions: An AD Code makes it easier to perform foreign exchange transactions for trade-related activities. Financial institutions can use the AD Code to facilitate secure and accurate transfers.
- Permanent Validity: Once registered, the AD Code has lifelong validity. This eliminates the need for frequent renewals and ensures a stable foundation for your import-export operations.
- Simplified Record Keeping: AD Code registration helps in maintaining accurate and organized records of your foreign exchange transactions, aiding in financial reporting and audits.
- Reduces Transaction Risks: By following the proper AD Code registration process, you reduce the risk of encountering delays, fines, or other disruptions due to non-compliance during trade transactions.
Why is AD Code Registration Required?
AD Code registration is a critical requirement for businesses engaged in international trade. It helps ensure compliance with regulatory norms, promotes transparency, and provides access to trade benefits. By obtaining an AD Code, your business can navigate the complex landscape of cross-border trade with confidence and legitimacy.
Any Government advantages you want to avail of, for example, duty rebates and exemptions, GST (Goods and Services Tax) refunds, and so on, are credited straight to your current account if you have an AD Code registered with customs.
AD Code registration is required for several important reasons as mentioned below:
- Customs Clearance: AD Code registration is mandatory for customs clearance of imported and exported goods. Customs authorities require the AD Code to validate that the trade transaction is being conducted by an authorized entity. Without a valid AD Code, your goods might face delays or even be denied clearance.
- Regulatory Compliance: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) mandates AD Code registration to ensure that foreign currency transactions related to international trade are conducted within the legal framework. This helps prevent money laundering, fraud, and other illicit activities.
- Legitimacy Verification: AD Code serves as a verification of the legitimacy of your business’s involvement in international trade. It confirms that your business has met the necessary legal and regulatory requirements to engage in cross-border transactions.
- Foreign Exchange Control: AD Code registration helps the government monitor and regulate foreign exchange transactions. It ensures that businesses are using authorized channels for foreign currency transactions and prevents unauthorized movement of funds.
- Transparency: By requiring AD Code registration, the government promotes transparency in international trade transactions. This transparency is essential for tracking the flow of goods and funds and maintaining a clear record of trade activities.
- Access to Incentives and Benefits: Many government schemes and incentives related to import and export activities are available only to businesses with valid AD Codes. Registering for an AD Code grants you eligibility for these benefits, which can include duty drawbacks, exemptions, and tax refunds.
- Global Trade Participation: AD Code registration is a prerequisite for businesses aiming to participate in the global market. It allows you to engage in cross-border trade, reach international customers, and establish business relationships on a global scale.
- Financial Transactions: An AD Code is used by banks to identify trade-related financial transactions. Having an AD Code streamlines fund transfers, ensures accuracy, and helps prevent errors in financial transactions.
- Credibility and Trust: AD Code registration demonstrates your commitment to complying with legal regulations and conducting legitimate trade operations. This enhances your credibility and fosters trust among business partners, suppliers, and customers.
- Stable Business Operations: Once registered, an AD Code has lifelong validity. This stability ensures that your import-export operations can continue without disruptions due to expired registrations.
Documents Required for AD Code Registration
Following are the list of documents:
- Application Form: A duly filled and signed application form provided by the bank where you’re applying for AD Code registration.
- Copy of IEC: A copy of your Importer Exporter Code (IEC) issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
- KYC Documents: Know Your Customer (KYC) documents for the business and its authorized signatories, which may include:
- Identity proof (e.g., PAN card, passport, Aadhar card, voter ID, etc.)
- Address proof (e.g., utility bills, bank statements, lease agreement, etc.)
- Photographs of authorized signatories
- Business Proof: Documents that establish the legal existence and nature of the business, such as:
- Certificate of Incorporation (for companies)
- Partnership Deed (for partnerships)
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association (for companies)
- Trade License (if applicable)
- Bank Account Details: Information about the business’s bank account, including account number, branch, and bank details.
- GST Registration Certificate: A copy of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) registration certificate.
- PAN Card: Permanent Account Number (PAN) card of the business entity.
- Board Resolution: In the case of companies, a board resolution authorizing the individuals who will be responsible for foreign exchange transactions and applying for the AD Code.
- Authorized Signatories: A list of authorized signatories along with their identification and authorization documents.
- Letter of Undertaking (LUT): If your business plans to export goods and claim GST exemptions, you may need to submit an LUT to the bank.
- Business Profile: A brief description of the nature of your business, its activities, and the products or services you deal with.
- Declaration: A declaration stating that the provided information is accurate and complete.
List of Ports / ICD for AD Code Registration
- ACC Coimbatore Sriperumbudur ICD (INCJB4)
- AGARTALA LCS (INAGTB)
- AZHIKKAL PORT (INAZK1)
- Agra ICD (INBLJ6)
- Ahmedabad ACC (INAMD4)
- Alang (INALA1)
- Alang (INALA1)
- Amingaon ICD (INAMG6)
- Amritsar ACC (INATQ4)
- Amritsar Rail Cargo (INASR2)
- Ankaleshwar ICD (INAKV6)
- Arakkanom ICD (INAJJ6)
- BADDI ICD (INBDI6)
- BAIRGANIA (INBGUB)
- BALASORE CONCOR ICD (INBLE6)
- BANBASA LCS (INBSAB)
- BANKOT PORT (INBKT1)
- BARHI ICD (INRUG6
- BHAMBOLI ICD (INGRW6)
- BHIMNAGAR (INBNRB)
- BHITAMORE (INBTMB)
- BIRPARA (INDLOB)
- Ballagharh ICD (INFBD6)
- Bangalore ACC (INBLR4)
- Banglore ICD (INWFD6)
- Bawal ICD (INBAW6)
- Bedi Port (INBED1)
- Behrni LCS (INBNYB)
- Beypore Port (INBEY1)
- Bhavnagar Port (INBHU1)
- Bhilwara ICD (INBHL6)
- Bhiwadi ICD (INBWD6)
- Bhubaneswar Air Cargo (INBBI4)
- Bhusswal ICD (INBSL6)
- Borkhedi ICD (INBOK6)
- Butibori ICD (INNGB6)
- CFS Albartoss ICD Dadri (INAPL6)
- CFS Mulund (INMUL6)
- CFS STARTRACK DADARI (INSTT6)
- CGM DADARI (INCPL6)
- CH Chennai (INMAA1)
- CH Cochin (INCOK1)
- CH Goa (INMRM1)
- CH Kakinada (INKAK1)
- CH Kandla (INIXY1)
- CH Mangalore (INNML1)
- CH Mundra (INMUN1)
- CH Tuticorin (INTUT1)
- CHAMURCHI (INCHMB)
- CHANGRABANDHA (INCBDB)
- CHAWAPAYAL ICD (INCPR6)
- CONCOR DADARI (INDER6)
- CONCOR ICD JHARSUGUDA (INJSG6)
- CSF Nashik (INNSK6)
- CUDDALORE PORT (INCDL1)
- Calicut ACC (INCCJ4)
- Chakeri Kanpur ICD (INCPC6)
- Cheherta ICD (INASR6)
- Chennai ACC (INMAA4)
- Chettipalayam Tirpur ICD (INCHE6)
- Chinchwad Pune ICD (INCCH6)
- Cochin ACC (INCOK4)
- Concor Kanakpura Jaipur ICD (INKKU6)
- Custom House Pondicherry (INPNY1)
- DABGRAM ICD (INNJP6)
- DABHOL PORT (INDHP1)
- DAPPAR ICD (INDPR6)
- DESUR ICD (INDRU6)
- DHAHANU PORT (INDHU1)
- DHAMRA Port (INDMA1)
- DHANNAD ICD (INDHA6)
- DHARCHULA LCS (INDLAB)
- DIGHI PORT (INDIG1)
- Dahej Port (INDAH1)
- Dashrath Badodra ICD (INBRC6)
- Delhi ACC (INDEL4)
- Dharmatar Port Mumbai (INDMT1)
- Dighi ICD (INDIG6)
- Durgapur ICD (INDUR6)
- Ennor Port (INENR1)
- FULBARI (INFBRB)
- Faridabad Sec-25 ICD (INBVC6)
- GALGALIA (INGALB)
- GHOJADANGA LCS (INGJXB)
- GOPALPUR PORT (INGPR1)
- GRFL Sahnewal Ludhiana ICD (INSGF6)
- GUWAHATI AIR CARGO (INGAU4)
- Gangavaram Port (INGGV1)
- Gari Harasaru ICD (INGHR6)
- Goa ACC (INGOI4)
- HTPL ICD Kilaraipur (INQRH6)
- Hazira Port, Surat (INHZA1)
- Hira Boruse Surat ICD (INHIR6)
- Hosur ICD (INHSU6)
- Hyderabad ACC (INHYD4)
- Hyderabad ICD (INSNF6)
- ICD CONCOR Dhandari Kalan Ludhiana (INLDH6)
- Intore ACC (INIDR4) Irugur ICD (INIGU6)
- Irungattukottai Sriperumbudur ICD (INILP6)
- JAJPUR ICD (INJJK6) JAKHAU PORT (INJAK1)
- JAMNAGAR AIR CARGO (INJGA4)
- JAMSHEDPUR ICD (INIXW6)
- JAYANAGAR (INJAYB)
- JHULAGHAT LCS (INJHOB)
- JNCH (INNSA1)
- JRY Kanpur ICD (INKNU6)
- Jaigarh Port Maharashtra (INJGD1) Jaipur ACC (INJAI4) Jaipur ICD (INJAI6) Jalandhar ICD (INJUC6) Janori ACC (INJNR4) Janori ICD (INJNR6)
- Jattipur ICD (INDWN6) KALINGANAGAR ICD (INSKD6) KAMARDWISA LCS (INPBLB) KANECH ICDSAHNEWAL (INSNI6) KARAIKAL SEA Port (INKRK1) KARIMGANJ LCS (INKGJ1)
- KELSHI PORT (INKSH1) KERN ICD MADURAI (INMDU6) KILARAIPUR ADANI ICD (INQRP6) KODINAR PORT (INKDN1) KRIBHCO Surat ICD (INKBC6) KUNAULI (INKNLB)
- Karwar Port (INKRW1) Kashipur ICD (INHPI6) Kattupalli Port (INKAT1) Khatuwas ICD (INCML6) Kheda ICD (INKHD6) Khurja ICD (INAIK6)
- Kolkata ACC (INCCU4) Kolkata CH (INCCU1) Kollam Port (INKUK1) Kota ICD (INKTT6) Krishnapatnam Port (INKRI1) LAUKAHA (INLKQB)
- LCS Attari Road (INATRB) LCS DARRANGA (INDRGB) LCS HILLI (INHLIB) LCS Jaigaon (INJIGB) LCS Jogbani (INJBNB)
- Vizag Port (INVTZ1)
- Waluj Aurangabad ICD (INWAL6)
- Wardha ICD (INCHJ6)
- concor Jodhpur ICD (INBGK6)
- karur ICD (INKAR6)
- kottayam ICD (INKYM6)
- Vapi ICD (INVPI6)
- Varanasi Air Cargo (INVNS4)
- Veerappandi ICD (INTHO6)
- Verna ICD (INMDG6)
- Vijaydurg Port (INVYD1)
- Vishakhapatnam Air Cargo (INVTZ4)
- Tuglakabad ICD (INTKD6)
- Tumb ICD (INSAJ6)
- Tuticorin ICD (INTUT6)
- VIRAMGAM ICD (INVGR6)
- VIZHINJAM PORT (INVZJ1)
- Vadinar Port (INVAD1)
- Thudiyalur ICD (INTDE6) Tikonia LCS (INTKNB) Tiruchirapalli Air Cargo (INTRZ4) Tirupur Paakiyapalayam ICD (INTUP6) Tondiapet ICD (INTVT6) Trivandrun ACC (INTRV4)
- Talegaon Pune ICD (INTLG6) Tarapur ICD (INBNG6) Thar Dry Port Jodhpur ICD (INTHA6) Thar Dry Port sanand ICD (INSAU6) Thimmapur ICD (INTMX6) Thrissur ICD (INTCR6)
- Sahar ACC (INBOM4) Singanallur ICD (INSLL6) Sonauli LCS (INSNLB) Sonepat ICD (INBDM6) Srinagar Air Cargo (INSXR4) TUNA PORT (INTUN1)
- SIKKA PORT (INSIK1) SINGHABAD RAILWAY STATION MALDA (INSNG2) SONABARSA (INSNBB) SRIMANTAPUR LCS (INSMPB) Sabarmati Ahmedabad ICD (INSBI6) Sachin ICD (INSAC6)
- Rewari ICD (INREA6) SACHANA ICD (INJKA6) SALAYA PORT GUJRAT (INSAL1) SATTVA BENGALURU ICD (INKQZ6) SEA PORT- PORT BLAIR (INIXZ1) SHED KIDDERPORE TT (INTTS1)
- RANPAR PORT Ratnagiri Maharashtra (INRNR1) REDI PORT (INRED1) REVDANDA PORT (INRVD1) Raiganj LCS (INRGJ2) Raipur ICD (INRAI6) Ratlam ICD (INRTM6)
- Piyala ICD (INBFR6) Porbandar Port (INPBD1) Powarkheda ICD (INPRK6) RADHIKAPUR RAILWAY STATION (INRDP2) RAJSICO Basni Jodhpur ICD (INJUX6) RANAGHAT RAILWAY STATION NADIA (INRNG2)
- Paradeep Port (INPRT1) Patli ICD (INPTL6) Patparganj ICD (INPPG6) Pimpri ICD (INPMP6) Pipavav Port (INPAV1) Pitampur ICD (ININD6)
- Pali Rewari ICD (INPKR6) Palwal ICD (INPWL6) Panaji Port (INPAN1) Panipat ICD (INPNP6) Panki ICD (INPNK6) Pantnagar ICD (INHDD6)
- PCCCC Bandra-Kurla Complex (INDPC4) PIPRAUN (INKJIB) PSWC Dhandari Kalan Ludhiana (INDDL6) PULICHAPALLAM ICD (INPNY6) PUNE AIR CARGO (INPNQ4) Pakwara Moradabad ICD (INMBD6)
- Nagpur ICD (INNGP6) Navlakhi Port (INNAV1) Okha Port (INOKH1) Old Mangalore Port (INIXE1) Old Mundra Port (INOMU1) PANITANKI NAXALBARI (INPNTB)
- Marripalaem(Leap International Ltd.) ICD (INGNR6) Modinagar ICD (INMUZ6) NAGPUR AIR CARGO (INNAG4) NAYA RAIPUR CONCOR ICD (INRML6) NCH Mumbai (INBOM1) Nagapattinam (INNPT1)
- Madhosingh ICD (INMBS6) Madurai Air Cargo (INIXM4) Magdalla Port (INMDA1) Malanpur ICD (INMPR6) Maliwada ICD (INMWA6) Mandideep ICD (INMDD6)
- LUCKNOW AIR CARGO (INLKO4) Loni ICD (INLON6) Lucknow Air Cargo (INLOK4) MIHAN ICD (INKPK6) MOREH LCS (INMREB) MUHURIGHAT LCS (INMHGB)
- LCS MAHADIPUR (INMHDB) LCS Nepalgunj Road (INNGRB) LCS Pertapole (INPTPB) LCS Raxaul (INRXLB) LCS Thoothibari (INNTVB) LOKSAN LCS (INCRXB)
How to register AD Code Registration?
YMW FINANCIAL professionals can help you to get AD Code Registration (Authorized Dealer Code). Registering an AD Code becomes a quick and straightforward process that can be done online with a few easy steps with the help of our professional experts.
Step 1: Consult our Experts on (08298057771) to check the eligibility and documents requirement.
Step 2: Our team will assist you in preparing all the mandatory documents in the format prescribed.
Step 3: We assist you by applying the AD Code application form.
Step 4: DGFT officials will verify & process the application within a week.
Step 5: After successful verification, we will provide an AD Code Certificate or Document over the Email.
Before Registration, read AD Code Bank Account Registration Advisory click here