DPIIT Registration Process 2023- Advantage & Fee
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is a department of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in India. It plays a crucial role in the formulation and implementation of industrial and trade policies to foster economic growth, promote investment, and enhance competitiveness across various sectors.
The DPIIT was established with the primary objective of promoting and facilitating ease of doing business in India. It is involved in formulating policies related to industrial development, foreign direct investment (FDI), intellectual property rights, and internal trade. The department also works to boost the manufacturing sector, promote entrepreneurship, and create a favorable business environment.
Key functions and responsibilities of the DPIIT include:
- Industrial Policy: Formulating and implementing industrial policies to promote sustainable industrial development.
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI): Facilitating and regulating FDI inflows into the country.
- Ease of Doing Business: Implementing measures to improve the business environment and simplify regulatory processes to attract investments.
- Internal Trade: Regulating and promoting internal trade activities within the country.
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR): Working towards the protection and promotion of intellectual property rights.
- Startup Ecosystem: Promoting and supporting the growth of startups and entrepreneurship.
- Special Economic Zones (SEZs): Administering and regulating Special Economic Zones to encourage industrial growth and exports.
ABOUT DPIIT REGISTRATION PROCESS APPROVAL
This approval is required to commence business as a startup in India.
The Government of India intends to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Startups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities and aims to empower Startups to grow through innovation and design.
The objective of Startup Recognition is to reduce the regulatory burden on Startups, thereby allowing them to focus on their core business, keep compliance costs low and provide benefits like:
- Startups shall be allowed to self-certify compliance for 6 Labour Laws and 3 Environmental Laws through a simple online procedure.
- In the case of labour laws, no inspections will be conducted for a period of 5 years. Startups may be inspected only on receipt of credible and verifiable complaint of violation, filed in writing and approved by at least one level senior to the inspecting officer.
- In the case of environment laws, startups which fall under the ‘white category’ (as defined by the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB)) would be able to self-certify compliance and only random checks would be carried out in such cases.
Who can apply for DPIIT Registration Process?
The Startup should be incorporated as a private limited company or registered as a partnership firm or a limited liability partnership.
Turnover should be less than INR 100 Crores in any of the previous financial years.
An entity shall be considered as a startup up to 10 years from the date of its incorporation.
The Startup should be working towards innovation/ improvement of existing products, services and processes and should have the potential to generate employment/ create wealth. An entity formed by splitting up or reconstruction of an existing business shall not be considered a “Startup”.
Documents required for DPIIT Registration Process
- A copy of Certificate of Incorporation (If PVT/LLP) or Registration of Firm Certificate (If Registered Partnership Firm)
- A write-up about the nature of business highlighting how it is working towards innovation, development or improvement of products or processes or services, or its scalability in terms of employment generation or wealth creation.
- Self Attested AAdhar Card of Authorize person.
- Digital Signature of Organisation.
- Letter of Authorization.
- Website (If startup is not ideation stage)
Applicable if satisfying the following conditions:
- Turnover less than INR 100 Crores in any of the previous financial years
- Incorporated as a private limited company or registered as a partnership firm or a limited liability partnership
- Should be maximum 10 years in age after incorporation
- Startup should be working towards innovation / improvement of existing products, services and processes and should have the potential to generate employment / create wealth.
Eligible Entity for DPIIT registration Process
An entity shall be considered as a Startup under DPIIT Registration Process:
- Upto a period of ten years from the date of incorporation/ registration, if it is incorporated as a private limited company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) or registered as a partnership firm (registered under section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) or a limited liability partnership (under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008) in India.
- Turnover of the entity for any of the financial years since incorporation/ registration has not exceeded one hundred crore rupees.
- Entity is working towards innovation, development or improvement of products or processes or services, or if it is a scalable business model with a high potential of employment generation or wealth creation. Provided that an entity formed by splitting up or reconstruction of an existing business shall not be considered a ‘Startup’.
How to apply for DPIIT Registration Process online?
Below are the steps given for dpiit registration process online-
Click here Visit to DPIIT registration process online-
After visit above website you will above interface, where you can see Two Login option
- Invester Login
- Ministry Login
Click on Investor Login and you will get below interface-
Here you have to Sign up with email id and mobile number.
After signup, you have to login with registered email id and password.
After that, you have to follow below video process, click on below video to know complete process of Startup India Registration through NSWS Portal.
If You want DPIIT Certificate by YMW FINANCIAL SERVICES then contact us @8298057771